Wednesday 26 August 2009

Day 28: What Happens If I Miss a Day on Neobux?


I sometimes get a warning that I haven't "viewed any advertisements today" and that if I don't, I won't earn from my referrals the following day.

So I'm thinking, in order to earn from Neobux everyday, I have to log in everyday, I have to view ads everyday, no?

If that's indeed the case, then I find that idea stifling. Doesn't appeal. I'm not a pro referrer but I do have one or two programs where it's not necessary for me to do that; I earn my referral cut regardless (as long as my refs are active). I log in when I want and when I can, not because I have to.

It could be argued that since I'm updating this blog everyday, then Neobux'ing everyday shouldn't be a tasking problem. However, there's a difference. First, updating this blog everyday was a choice, not an obligation. Second, it was only ever gonna be updated everyday over a short period of time (30 days). It's been a challenge updating daily (though I'm proud of myself for doing so) - like most people, I do have other things on my plate.


So, yeah, the idea (if true) of having to log into Neobux everyday in order to earn off refs is an additional put-off. I wouldn't be happy to sustain that everyday'ism for more than a couple of months (even if I was making profit). I can't imagine being on holiday running around like a headless chicken trying to find a blooming internet cafe so I can view my Neobux ads for the day. Or say I got married to that Afro Haired Love God that used to be in Crime Scene Investigation; the only way I'd view any Neobux ads is if a wireless laptop levitated out of his ass.


Anyhoo...in other news, I made 23 cents today.


4 comments:

Broke Affilliate said...

The needing to click every day does really suck. I missed this Tuesday's clicking. And since I have autopay on instead of just not making any pennies, I ended up still paying my referrals and losing 34 cents :(.

And I would never be able to consistently update my blog, so more power to you for carrying on with it the entire 30 days. And lol, Afro Haired Love God?! Best. Description. EVER!

See you for your last two days, and good luck on them.

Ms MangoMe said...

Oh dear. Well, that confirms it for me. Sorry you lost that much. If you have to click everyday, how long do you see yourself remaining with Neobux?

More power to me? Thanks :-)

Yes, that guy in CSI was burn-my-fingers hot. Had more than his fair share of good looking, the greedy bugger. Gods are like that. I would happily be his sex zombie for 72 hours straight.

Ahem.

See ya!

shyguy76767 said...

You might find this surprising, but NeoBux requiring everyone to click everyday for their referral clicks keeps the average up.
Let's put it this way: Someone is probably renting you. They want you to click, and I'm sure you want your rents to click. Making it so that you don't gain money from your referrals unless you yourself clicks ensures that you're more likely to click.

And no, you don't have to click. If I held a gun to your face each day, and would shoot you if you didn't click, yeah, I'd say that you Had to click. But with this scenario, there's just a cost: Do you want to take a break? Well, then, you'll pay with your referral clicks.

Also, for one of the upgrades (I don't remember which one), there's a "vacation mode" where you can just not click for a while and still have your referral clicks count.

I consider NeoBux requiring people to click to get their referral clicks one of its shining features.

Ms MangoMe said...

Hi shyguy,

I kinda get why they're doing it. However, it doesn't work for me.

Of course I don't HAVE to stay active on there everyday, but if I want to earn, then I do.

Thanks a lot about the vacation mode thing. Really useful info. I'll look more into that.

There are referral programs where it's not necesary for you to log in that often in order to earn and I think Neobux recognise the convenience of not having to do that or else they wouldn't have introduced the 'vacation mode' option.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a good week.

take care...